From TEDx to Soho House to AIGA, I’ve had the opportunity to share insights on social media, youth culture, digital behavior, and personal branding with the world’s most vibrant, innovative creative communities. In addition to engagements with corporate groups and advertising agencies, I’ve contributed to event programming and taught workshops across the country for brands looking to up their game.
Whether you’re trying to get a grip on communications, discover tips and tricks for building the foundation of a brand strategy, understand cultural trends or, better yet, decipher how they apply to your specific business or industry – I bring “real talk” and a fresh perspective that will leave attendees feeling energized, informed, and inspired.
Notable past engagements have included:
- TEDx, “Lessons in Digital Anthropology” (video)
- Soho House, “7 Steps for Growing Your Business with Social Media”
- Microsoft DigiGirlz, “Personal Branding”
- AIGA Boston, “Branding Your Clients (& Yourself): the Steps to Developing an Identity”
- General Assembly, “Conducting Brand Research Through Social Media” (& more, ongoing!)
- Creatives Meet Business, “Strategy Crash Course: From Ideas to Action”
What attendees are saying
“I could watch @kaitlinmaud ‘s talk over & over! #BeAFan” – @tresbelle24
“enjoyed your presentation last week 4 MassArt portfolio classes… You were great and we learned so much.” – @orangenectarine
“@GA_LA I took Conducting Brand Research Through Social Media with @kaitlinmaud & I can’t even begin how helpful it was!” – @roxylange
“…Your classes are the perfect mix of fun, practicality & best of tips!” – @kattaque
“you were awesome last night! Your insight, honesty, & humor was inspiring & refreshing! Must grab coffee with this gal!” – @thestlylishone_
Proposed Talks for 2018:
My talks help creatives apply the tenets of brand strategy to their lives. My super power is my ability to connect cultural trends back to impact on the individual so that my talks are relevant, timely, and resonant. This content is great for teams looking to bring in new points of view for insights & inspiration, for events catered to design professionals, or for sessions on personal growth.
- “Life Strategy” – applying principals of branding and strategy to problem solving in your life. What role does self care play in leadership? How do practices of non-violent communication and empathy come to life in your business & personal relationships? What does “doing what you love” really look like?
- “Wellness: so hot right now” – unpacking the booming fitness and wellness trend. What were the macro factors at play that influenced this shift? Who are the leaders doing interesting things in the space? And what does this cultural phenomenon mean for you, your team, your clients, and your brand?
- “The New Creative Class” – examining the changing role of artists in business. How are musicians and designers monetizing their work in 2018? How are brands leveraging and capitalizing on collaborations? Where does the line between artist and entrepreneur blur?
I work closely with my clients to tailor my talk specifically to your audience. In many cases I even support organizers in content planning & curation. To get started, contact me with some more info about your idea!